Delta diamond seal bonnet nut seized

Users who are viewing this thread

hsmoe

Reaction score
I was going to add a comment to an old thread from 2021, but I was getting a “spammy“ warning. So here is another instance from what seems to me a poor design. And probably to wear out a point made in the older thread, what good is endless cartridge supply when you can’t remove the bonnet nut? …like for all day long, 10 hours now! BTW, the vinegar treatment has been going on all day too!
The following pics show the bonnet nut, which is actually a brass tube that the cartridge sits inside of. The nut and threads on top are cast as part of the tube. The last picture shows the threads that hold the bonnet nut on. Unfortunately, they’re buried deep inside the faucet assembly. It appears neither vinegar nor penetrating oil can reach the threads because of the seal at the top of the bonnet sleeve. What’s the secret to getting this off?

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 22
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks