Delta 600 series diverter replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

JQuick

Reaction score
As I was finishing a bathroom remodel and replacing the delta 600 series ball valve, things went sour. I twisted the infamous valve and sprung a leak. I soldered every leak I could find inside at the diverter valve and its good for now. I'm not sure how long this would hold and plus the valve now opens left to right vice vertically. Looking to find another 600 series diverter rough in valve to replace the original but can't seem to find anything. If anyone knows about a suitable diverter replacement (other than the Moen, just don't dig the plate) please let me know. I understand that i will be tearing into the drywall. Thanks for the help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The reversed operation of the valve may mean just that you inserted the cartridge 180-degrees out. A simple fix.

JQuick

Reaction score
The diverter rough-in valve has 3 copper tubes which were twisted during removal of the ball valve. Those 3 copper tubes were soldered due to leaks. I want to replace the diverter rough-in valve completely with a new one but can't find a replacement. Just want to know what others have done here with this situation or if a homeowner requested an upgrade to a newer system. Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The easiest repair I found was to just replace the three twisted lines. I have done if for many Saturday/Sunday diyers and several plumbers who damaged the valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks