deep well jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

zollyz

Reaction score
i am trying to rig up a cheap system for a buddy of mine. he has a 4" deepwell so i bought a brand new flotec 4800 jet system to go with a goulds jseries pump that was running on a shallow well. i installed 60' of brand new pvc and a new well seal. all that seams to be water tight but can't get much water preasure out of well. i hit water at about 27' so i thought 60' would be deep enough. the well is about 200' deep

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
is the jet on the pump? If so you have hit the limit that that pump can suck from and then some.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I presume the following Flotec is 60 feet down in the well. You will be losing about 10 PSI to lift 27 feet, more if the well is slow recovering and you draw down the storage since there isn't much storage in a 4" casing. I don't know how well the Flotec/Goulds marriage would work so cannot comment on that.
20894.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks