Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have ever cut a tank open. Minerals are a rock and just as hard. 1/8" coating on a electric element it dies. Without chemical which i won't use on potable flushing twice a year the best a person can do without a softener

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
Have ever cut a tank open. Minerals are a rock and just as hard. 1/8" coating on a electric element it dies. Without chemical which i won't use on potable flushing twice a year the best a person can do without a softener

Yes I have many times..........
I would say that this might work if the heater is newer and the bottom is not
totally compacted with the line and hardened up too much.......

this one is probably too far gone

o.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
My tank is from 2017 I think right at 6 years old last year i replaced anode put a ball valve on and did best to get that crud out. I draioned again just a few weeks ago but it still has a ton of crap in there I Belive. I put a segmented anode in last year.
Will that turbo blaster hit the anode ? Ive seen mixed reviews about the plastic breaking pretty easy etc. love to hear back what your thoughts are.
I feel like my efforts begining after 5 years might be late and this secxond attempt I spent a lot of time and water easily an hour plus differant teqniques

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
My tank is from 2017 I think right at 6 years old last year i replaced anode put a ball valve on and did best to get that crud out. I draioned again just a few weeks ago but it still has a ton of crap in there I Belive. I put a segmented anode in last year.
Will that turbo blaster hit the anode ? Ive seen mixed reviews about the plastic breaking pretty easy etc. love to hear back what your thoughts are.
I feel like my efforts begining after 5 years might be late and this secxond attempt I spent a lot of time and water easily an hour plus differant teqniques

I dont think it would do much damage to anything and your heater might be the perfect age to shake out the
little amount of sediment on the bottom of the unit.....

being that the tool has a couple of bends in the cable I look at it
as similar to a toilet auger and its just a matter of probably spinning the cable at a slower pace instead of whipping it around at high speed in the heater.......

I have gotten pretty rough forcing a toilet auger through a toilet before

and I have never broke the china of a toilet...

this tool might be gentle enough to do the job in a water heater but as we dont know how
corroded the inside of the unit already is-- then it is your risk and gamble....

I dont think the heater is gonna spring a leak just because you used this tool on it
so its either gonna extend the life of your heater or its not.... but it might quiet down
the rumbling due to the stubborn lime stock on the bottom for a good long while

You will have to try it and see,
for 55 bucks its not gonna break the bank

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks