Danco Hydro Cap??

Users who are viewing this thread

Eman85

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Danco Hydro Cap? I know many recommend stacking wax rings, wonder if this would hold everything in place better?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Never used that. It seems like its essentially using the wax ring to seal the adapter and using the adapter to create a seal on the horn of the toilet via a rubber gasket similar to what we see in Unifit style toilets.

It doesn't seem like there is much of a horn to engage in that rubber. Alignment and height would be my concern.

If you're stacking wax rings because of a deep closet flange, this product won't add any benefit to alignment or holding anything in place.. if anything I would think it could be a detriment. I wouldn't recommend that.

Reach4

Reaction score
Interesting. There is another Danco product (Model 10672X) Hydroseat. It is like a repair ring with a tail. Use wax ring under, also.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
When we set WC, we first trial/dry set and check for rocking and use hard translucent wedges as needed.
With a good floor flange, properly anchored plus brass closet bolts and non-corroding nuts and washers all tightened down, there is a failure proof installation.
HydroCap might save a bad installation.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
HydroCap might turn a good install bad as well. Id have to have a reason to use that Im not liking it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks