Cycle rating for submersibles

Users who are viewing this thread

RonL2

Reaction score
It seems I've read that submersible well pumps are rated for roughly 300 cycles per day. I cant find that documentation again. That does feel like a lot. Does anyone know (I know every pump is different) what a pump should be able to maintain ? (Of course, the less cycles the better, but they should have some kind of rating.

Reach4

Reaction score
IMG_4.png

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
And the maximum number of cycles from that chart is designed to get the pump to last just past the warranty period, no more. Your statement, "The less cycles the better" is correct.

RonL2

Reaction score
Yesterday being a fairly warm day.. 95 degrees. Counting the cycles for my current 1/2 hp pump totaled to 42 cycles. (These energy monitors are great for this type of analysis. How many and for how long) so I'm not so concerned about cycling now. (For my current conditions) thanks reach4 and valveman !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks