Crack in underside of new toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

MTL Jim

Reaction score
I’m about to instal a new American Standard Cadet 3 toilet and I noticed a small crack in the underside (unfinished) of the bowl. No crack appearing inside the bowl. Is this crack a serious defect?
Toilet-crack_2833.jpg

Peterson

Reaction score
I'd take it back. That's a crack where the different parts of the bowl were fired together when they were making it. It probably wouldn't leak since it appears fine on the other side, but it's not worth the chance taking.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think its an opening to allow it to vent during the fire process and then its closed off after or something some have silicone there. I think thats not unusual I had leak there befor on a kohler and returned it though silicone is what they have underneath

Eman85

Reaction score
I quit fooling with AS after 3 bad bowls. Last one there were spaces between a couple of the pieces the mold together. Take a mirror and look around the underside of the rim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks