Couple remodel ?s, city closed for covid

Users who are viewing this thread

JM79

Reaction score
Hello, been here many times but usually find my answer without posting. I have a small 70 year old ranch on a crawl. All the plumbing except for the kitchen sink is in one 6' wall between the bath and laundry room. Replacing all of it. Hopefully the pics attached are enough. The first is the simple layout. The 2nd would be standing in the laundry room looking at the back of the bathroom. The blue pipe is the washer drain, the orange would be the bath sink and toilet from the back. My main questions are the fitting on the main stack 3x3x2x2, do i need to use the sani t, or wye with 1/8 bends. I've read both. I think my washer pump would give a 10hp trash pump a run for its money so my concern is with the sani tee and tub drain coming from the opposite direction it could push across to the other side being such short runs. The second question is the kitchen sink currently drops sharply to the crawl floor and ties into the side of the main going out to the street. It's never really functioned right. I was going to put the proper slope on it and tie it into the main stack and dont know if i can use the 3 sani tee for the toilet that has a 2" side inlet or if it should have it's own connector and go above or below the toilet sani tee. The two branches for the bath and laundry are between the floor joists is why i didn't run the kitchen sink to the branch with the tub. It's a shallow crawl so I'd like to keep it that way if it works. I stacked the different fittings up at the hardware store and took a pic to try and help explain it. I usually work with cable and wires so forgive me if i butchered the terminology. Thanks for your help. 20201204_165830.jpg 20201204_170434.jpg 20201204_143733~2.jpg 20201204_143823~2.jpg 20201204_142903~2.jpg
Edit: i added a couple pics of the old stuff and the pvc kind of thrown together of how it was. I was basically going with how it was previously done but bringing the kitchen sink up under the floor joists and tying to the vertical with the others somehow. So the toilet shouldn't be under the washer, bath sink and tub like it was?20201204_223754.jpg 20201204_223217.jpg 20201204_223043.jpg20180804_124744.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Could you bring the laundry in below the toilet? Maybe a double wye for kitchen and laundry. If you join the bathroom sink with the laundry, that should be 3 inch after the junction under newer IPC, but not sure about Indiana's version.

JM79

Reaction score
Could you bring the laundry in below the toilet? Maybe a double wye for kitchen and laundry. If you join the bathroom sink with the laundry, that should be 3 inch after the junction under newer IPC, but not sure about Indiana's version.
I guess i could but it would have to be outside of the wall. I was trying to avoid that. It had a big cast iron pipe outside of the wall and with it being a small area it would be nice to push the washer as far back as i can. I tried calling to find out about codes but they are shut down in my town.

Reach4

Reaction score
I tried calling to find out about codes but they are shut down in my town.

Indiana- as of 2012 it uses IPC second printing)

The main thing I think is that if you discharge the laundry before the toilet, you are supposed to have a vent for the toilet. If you didn't it would still work fine I think, but I could be mistaken.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks