copper tubing questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Yarg28

Reaction score
I recently ripped out our entire kitchen. i have wires hanging out of the walls and no subfloor at the moment. One thing i noticed when i was disconnecting the plumbing to remove sink base was that inside my copper tubing looked extremely lined with something. I describe it like that because i am not a plumber and wont pretend to know what im talking about.

Whatever it was looked more like a mineral/lime or something. White'ish with maybe a tinge of green. There was still a bit of water rounding the top of the tubing before i capped it so it was hard to get a great look. I capped it as fast as i could before my wife saw it because she would not approve if she thought our supply lines had "stuff" in them.

Is this normal? I was under the impression that copper was used to prevent this type of build up. Do i need to replace this supply line?

I want our water supply to be top notch.

thanks

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would not try to quess what is in your water. I would have your water tested and install what ever is needed to make your water topnotch.

If you have build up in that pipe I would bet all the pipes have some too. Doing a remodel is a great time to upgrade your water lines and drains as needed.