Clogged slab drain

Users who are viewing this thread

RWW

Reaction score
I couldn't get an auger into the hole at the bottom, making me question if it's a drain at all. We have the AC condensate draining into it, and the new softener (which hit the waste cycle and flooded the room) Do I need a plumber (2 have already said they can't do it) or a contractor? How to unclog? Was suggested to run the softener waste line through the ceiling and into the laundry sink. But the condensate is still an issue...oh and the RO system...ugh.

IMG_20210702_191541628.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are talking about the squarish hole. That could just be a pit where a small submersible sump pump could go. It is much smaller than most such pits. How deep is it?

For the softener, flow is probably 2.0 gpm to 5.0 gpm. Since that can be piped uphill for a ways, I would run that somewhere else. Got a laundry tub or laundry standpipe? How far and how high?

Septic or sewer?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks