Claw Foot Tub Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

CCE1234

Reaction score
We have hired a general contractor to help us renovate the bathrooms and kitchen in our 1890 house. We opted to keep our claw foot tub in the guest bathroom, but otherwise replaced all of the fixtures in our bathroom and replaced all of the plumbing for the house. The problem is, our new plumbing for the old claw foot tub looks off. There are several inches of pvc pipe showing where the overflow drain meets the floor, and the decorative feet for the water lines don't reach the ground (not only because of the trim getting in the way, but also because they don't go down that far). I have attached a photograph showing the issue.

My general contractor is telling me that this is normal and that it's because the connection piece where the metal plumbing connects to the PVC has to be accessible. He said that he is not going to do something that doesn't meet code and also leaves us with a potential flood in the room below the bathroom when it backs up and can't be serviced. However, I just can't imagine that this is normal. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Claw Foot Tub.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 138

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The trap adapter should be closer to or right at the floor , enough so a floor escutcheon hides the trap adapter and PVC. The drain is kind of close to the wall. Those nice little handles are turned in to far too. I would not be happy either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks