Boiler Circulator Pump Aquastat

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott McNab

Reaction score
Hi
I recently had an L6006C aquastat installed to control the circulation pump for my Biasi cast iron conventional boiler (propane). What would be the best setting for the circ pump to come on and the correct differential? Want boiler protection to prevent condensate but don't want to waste fuel either. The boiler is a cold start and controlled by the house thermostat.
Thanks

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
If it's a gas fired version it's fine to run the circulator at a boiler temp as low as 130-135F without risk of excessive condensation, for an oil burner that should be 140F.

Since the the smallest Biasi cast iron boiler is oversized for the heat load of most homes in Ontario, in most cases it's better to replace the burner's controls with a heat purging economizer control, which will limit the average operating temperature and standby temperature (for lower standby & distribution losses) without short cycling the boiler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks