Bath Tub Choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr Burgess

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was looking at Americast, and acrylic Mirolin and Maax tubs at a local box store. Using my scientific knuckle tap test, of the base model acrylics the Mirolin appears to have a harder shell than Maax; no idea if this means that the actual overall quality is better?

Also, when comparing models made by the same company, prices vary considerable - is this due to design and the manufacuring process, or is the the acrylic used of a higher quality?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
of the 3 I've used Maax and Americast. Americast is an enameled steel tub with a resin backer while Maax are fiberglass/acrylic. We do use a lot of Maax tho. But as far as their components being better or whatnot I couldn't tell you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks