auto vent use

Users who are viewing this thread

billyoung

Reaction score
Thanks, guys, this discussion has been very helpful. I will address your last statements. Yes, it has been the case that when the AAV is removed that it flushes. I even replaced the AAV once and the problem continued. That is what led to this posting. I have come away with three things - 1. I have continued the pipe formerly with the AAV on out the roof. 2. I checked the jets with the little understanding of how they should work and it seems that there are no plugs there - water comes down from the top inside lip of the toilet all around. 3. I need to learn what mikeplummber means by a baffle in the septic and check that too, but when it flushes I can run outside and see the water flowing into the septic tank - so the pipes seem fine. I am going to monitor it and hopefully the pipe extension through the roof will take care of it. I will let you all know after a few weeks. Thanks for you help. Also, WorthFlorida , I questioned that in an earlier reply about the size of the AAV, but didn't get any responses thinking that could be the problem - but it seems to me that that could be the thing to try if you had no other recourse. For me, I just decided to toss the AAV and go through the roof and cover the pipes with a decorative board.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks