ASSE Backflow certification renewal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Deke

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been a lurker for a long time. Decided to join the fun.
my question is I had my ASSE Michigan Backflow tester certification. I went to renew and now they are. Telling me since I am not a Master plumber in Michigan I can’t renew. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. I work for a company and we have service buildings in Indiana and michigan. Is there a work around. Or am I screwed and have to hire a Michigan contractor. I have no problem with Indiana. Is there another state that I can get my ASSE and just use for Michigan?

thanks in advance.

DEKE.

Deke

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been a lurker for a long time. Decided to join the fun.
my question is I had my ASSE Michigan Backflow tester certification. I went to renew and now they are. Telling me since I am not a Master plumber in Michigan I can’t renew. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. I work for a company and we have service buildings in Indiana and michigan. Is there a work around. Or am I screwed and have to hire a Michigan contractor. I have no problem with Indiana. Is there another state that I can get my ASSE and just use for Michigan?

thanks in advance.

DEKE.
So for example can. I get ASSE 5110 tester for Kentucky would I still be active for Michigan too. Been doing Indiana for the last 5 years with no problem. Leave it to Michigan to put the screws to the working man.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your asse certification should not have much to do with your license. Once you take the class your issued a certificate that you took and passed the class. The state then issues you a license based on whatever criteria they decide.

You should be able to take the class and get your cert that you passed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks