Any manufacturer of single handle that does temp AND volume still?

Users who are viewing this thread

EricE

Reaction score
So are there any manufacturers out there that make a single handle tub/shower faucet that will control not just temperature, but volume too? I like to trickle hot water when taking a long bath and all these new valves are always on full blast - all they let you control is temp. Had old Moen faucets where you pulled the handle in/out to control volume and spun them right to left for hot/cold - but Moen doesn't appear to make anything like that any more. Thought a Grohe I was looking at - two handle design (small diverter on top, larger on/off water temp on bottom) and it looked like it let you control the water volume with the top diverter handle but nope - just shunts it from tub to shower (or lets you flow out both at the same time - who would ever want that?!?).

Ugh - looking for ideas. Or even ideas for search terms to help fund such a faucet if they still exist!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The new Moen M-Core series valves have a lift for volume and turn for temperature.

Link to a Moen video that shows full installation and how the handle operates.

EricE

Reaction score
The new Moen M-Core series valves have a lift for volume and turn for temperature.
I didn't see the lift for volume? I saw the lift shower diverter, but it looks like the handle just spins to change the temp.

I want to be able to have a trickle of hot water if taking a bath, if that helps frame the problem better.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Delta may have the best for your needs but it is two handle, one inside the other. Temperature control is in the inter smaller handle, the outer is water flow. As you turn the water flow, the temperature handle also turns keeping the water temp the same. This is a sample.

Moens tired and true Chateau Positemp
One handle, pull for water volume, turn for temperature.

EricE

Reaction score
Delta may have the best for your needs but it is two handle, one inside the other. Temperature control is in the inter smaller handle, the outer is water flow. As you turn the water flow, the temperature handle also turns keeping the water temp the same. This is a sample.
Two handle is fine - as long as you can control the temp and flow (or pressure as I have seen some reviews refer to) individually - which is what this valve looks like it does. Thanks!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I didn't see the lift for volume? I saw the lift shower diverter, but it looks like the handle just spins to change the temp.

I want to be able to have a trickle of hot water if taking a bath, if that helps frame the problem better.
Found a video that shows the operation of the valve. The top left video is the one I watched with the applicable lift action is at 6:19ish

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks