(another)basement rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Ok update, I hope this works, I redid my plan and I'm kinda into the point of no return, so here is what I have.
the floor drain and shower both have traps of course, the vent on the shower is a 2x2x1-1/2 san-tee, you can't see it very well in the pic.

diy-plumbing.jpg

Unless you are required to have back-water valves you are creating a future PITA, they also need a service port at grade level. I don't know about 1 1/2 underground, most codes forbid it, if you read my other reply I addressed the problem with the floor drain.

f_armer

Reaction score
Well I went with it, I have another floor drain downstream that I have to put a bit of water in a few times during the winter, so I figured one more won't hurt. I added the backwater valves just because if my septic pump quits, at least it will protect the bathroom somewhat, like I said earlier, I have a floor drain further downstream, and there is no other backwater valves in the system. I figured also, if they do give me grief i'll just pull the flapper out of them.
I'm not familiar with a closet spacer, but to get proper angles my closet flange is about 1/2" above the concrete, I plan on tiling the bathroom so it should work out OK I hope....
I have a 2" cleanout to put on the sink drain line.
I have another pic of another angle before I cemented it all in.....time will tell if i screwed up too badly.......
plumbing2.jpg

toolate.jpg

Last edited: