American Standard Cadet 3 - is FloWise worth $20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattkime

Reaction score
We have an older toilet we'd like to replace since the coating on the seat is starting to peel AND its an uncommon color. I'd replace the seat but it would never match. Someday we'll redo the bathroom and install a fancy Toto washlet but for now we need something thats cheap, looks alright, and gets the job done.

Home depot has two different Cadet 3 models priced $20 apart. One specifies FloWise and the other doesn't. Whats the difference?

Thanks,
Matt

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry don't know Flowise, but being temporary I'd consider saving 20 bucks as Flowise might not be worth paying anything more for. If you don't get informed advice I'd contact manufacture if its the same china I wouldn't pay more for plastic guts. especial on a temp..

Mattkime

Reaction score
I was lead astray by unmeaningful variations in product titles. I think all Cadet 3 models have the same flush.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I put the Home Depot Cadet 3 FloWise in about a year ago in my office bathroom that gets used a lot.
It is an EXCELLENT performer, has never clogged and has generic replacement parts, so future proof.
The seat and brass plated closet bolts and even the wax are complete junk but toss and buy a nice soft close or since you've saved a lot, get the bidet seat now.
It may be that you are looking at round front vs elongated for that $20 spread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks