Kohler Santa Rosa 360 Revolution 30810 one-piece? Or American Standard Cadet 3 Flowise Compact one-piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

wildfins

Reaction score
Hi Terry, and any other experienced members on this forum...

I'd like to seek your advice to choose between the first two models below, as I am limited by the installation height (28-7/8" Max) due to a countertop banjo that sometimes makes me wanting to tear it down and replace with a non-banjo countertop :)

a) Kohler Santa Rosa 360 Revolution 30810 one-piece ($325 on sale) / 28.5" H.
- Not sure if it has any glaze coat to help with the cleaning?
- Parts seem to be proprietary and more expensive to replace?

b) American Standard Cadet 3 Flowise Compact one-piece (~$310 on sale) / 28.5" H.
- This one seems to come with an EverClean glaze coat similar to Toto Cefiontect?
- Parts seem to be standard (Fluidmaster) and easy to find and replace?

c) The better option would be the TOTO Eco UUltramax (27.25" H) but it's out of my budget ($500+)

Attachments

• white-american-standard-one-piece-toilets-2403-128-020-1d_600.jpg
    white-american-standard-one-piece-toilets-2403-128-020-1d_600.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 40
  • white-kohler-one-piece-toilets-30810-0-76_600.jpg
    white-kohler-one-piece-toilets-30810-0-76_600.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

wildfins

Reaction score
a) Kohler Santa Rosa has a 360 Revolution swirling flush, similar to Toto Ultramax II, so flushing might be better?
- However, the trapway design ends abruptly with a 90 degre into the waste opening so that might potentially cause more clogging issues - which still need to be proven in real life experience?
- On the other hand, Kohler seems to have a better quality control in general than AS based on homeowners/plumbers feedback, eventhough nowadays no longer as good as it used to be.

b) AS Cadet 3 Compact has a siphoning flushing system that seems to work well, not sure how it compares to the Kohler Revo system, and come with EverClean glaze coating.
- Its trapway design is also more curved than the abrupt 90-degree Kohler so maybe a better flushing system?
- However, AS quality control could be a real issue and I could end up with a toilet with manufacturing issues like enamel/glaze coating, cracks, leaks... that would be a real headache, take time and cost to return and replace...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks