Air tank problems!

Users who are viewing this thread

RickyJ

Reaction score
Hello All! I’m new to the site and look forward to some expertise advice.
My well air pressure tank is acting a little weird. No water at any outlet. I killed the power to the pump, opened up a few faucets to let water drain. I drained the air tank then added the recommended air pressure into the tank at the schrader valve on top. I filled it to 30 psi but the gauge at the bottom of the tank reads a little under 10 psi. After closing the faucets and turning the power to the well back on I still have no water. I hope I’ve gave enough info to get some helpful advice.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. The home was built in ‘98. I’ve been in it for 4 years so I’m not sure how old the pressure tank may be. I’m sure there’s a date on it somewhere.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Water doesn't come from the tank, it comes from the pump. The tanks only purpose is to keep the pump from cycling on and off too quickly. If the pump was working, you would have water, even without a tank. The bladder in the tank was most likely destroyed by the pump cycling on and off too much. Then when the bladder failed and let the air out, the pump cycled on and off even faster until it destroyed itself as well. If the pump has a capacitor start box you should try a new one of those. But most likely the pump is toast as is planned by those who size pressure tanks for the amount of cycles it takes to destroy a pump prematurely. Stop the cycling, which makes the pump and tank last longer while supplying strong constant pressure to the house. Oh, and BTW, by using a Cycle Stop Valve the replacement tank can be much smaller and less expensive.

Sub Well with PK1A.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks