Advice replacing Weil McLain NG boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Eduardo Correa

Reaction score
Hoping to get some experienced opinions on a replacement boiler for my current NG Weil McLain HE II-5. The current unit is still working fine, and has given me minimal problems, but it's almost 30 years old now. I know that Weil McLain has had a great reputation for reliability in the past, but not sure if thats still the case. So my question is, would you replace with another Weil McLain, or is there another brand / model that is considered more reliable. Thanks to all in advance!

Fitter30

Reaction score
Brand is not as important as the contractor. If the contractor short changes the install, does sloppy work or what they offer for equipment parts aren't locally source can be problems down the road. Ask about ecm pumps their more energy efficient and any fed tax breaks being energy efficient.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks