Add spout diverter to shower with valve diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

dickeyusmc

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have a shower with a valve diverter that no longer fully diverts water to the shower and bypasses to the spout. I was told by a plumber that the age of my system makes changing the valve diverter risky and/or susceptible to more issues in the future. Can I simply add a spout diverter to work in tandem with the valve diverter? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I apologize if there is a similar question posted elsewhere in the forum, I was not able to find one that answered it.

Thanks again!

Reach4

Reaction score
You can do that. I like the Delta spouts, because they dribble less. They all dribble to some extent, by design. I am not a pro.

mokume

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have a shower with a valve diverter that no longer fully diverts water to the shower and bypasses to the spout. I was told by a plumber that the age of my system makes changing the valve diverter risky and/or susceptible to more issues in the future. Can I simply add a spout diverter to work in tandem with the valve diverter? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I apologize if there is a similar question posted elsewhere in the forum, I was not able to find one that answered it.

Thanks again!
What you are proposing is entirely possible, I personally prefer Delta pull-down tub diverters, as they are the only diverter which does not dribble water out of it when diverting water to the showerhead.

Just be sure to instruct family members/guests on how to operate it, it can be confounding to the uninitiated

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks