Adapt 1.5 Sump Pump discharge tube to 2" outlet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
http://www.pressure-drop.com/Online-Calculator/ should let you calculate pressure drop due to friction for a given flow rate. I would expect gpm to increase, but I don't know how much.

Is the exit to the dry well totally buried? I guess backpressure in the gravel-filled hole could predominate over backpressure from the pipe. It would be interesting to add a pressure gauge on a tee while you are making changes in the piping. I think 15 psi might be a good size gauge.
s100-108-3.jpg

Hidden 1

Reaction score
It goes from the drywell to a small hill that then goes to a ditch ,Nothing is restricting it an it isnt underground anywhere [except the small bit in drywell at pump
].
An after about a ft from the 2 inch pipe connected at pump , instead of a 90 degree on the turn I used a 45 then 2 ftpipe an another 45 .Its actually a Wolverine Beast 1/2 hp.
I set it up now with the1 an 1/2 to 2 "adapter at pump,2" pipe, an now no weep hole an no check valve .I put it a bit deeper also.
Will see how it does over the next 2-3 days .Hopefully its faster too!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks