Clear sump pump cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ramias

Reaction score
I’d like to replace my indoor basement sump pump cover with one that is transparent so I can visually inspect it without removing it. Mine has a 3 inch hole (I assume for a radon vent?) a 1 1/2 I ch hole (for discharge) and the hole for the float switch and power cables. The current lid is 21 inches across (so the pit hole is smaller).

Does such a cover exist? Is this a standard item at supply houses? Any pointers on where I should check?

I also want a transparent check valve but those are readily available online.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've never heard of such a thing, but I suspect you could make one from plexiglass. It might be as useful to cut a window into your existing cover that you screw some clear material over the top of.

homeowner_bob

Reaction score
I remembered seeing the below video on how to make a clear cover when I was researching moving my radon pipe. Really though, it seems like a lot of work. I would suggest Tuttles idea of cutting in a window. Or use a flexible coupling on the radon pipe right above the cover, so you can easily pop it off to check the pit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks