ADA help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

L. Thomas

Reaction score
:mad: I am having TKA in December and have just found out that I will need a TKA in the other knee near the end of this decade. :( I want to replace my “standard height†toilet with a ADA toilet. I have read some good reviews about the Toto Drake. I would love to have comment from consumers about this or other ADA toilets.:confused: Cost is a factor.​

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Toto Drake is an excellent choice. You mention cost is a factor. The Drake isn't cheap, but I would urge you not to buy a cheap toilet. You will be looking at constant problems. This is likely the last toilet you will ever have to buy.

L. Thomas

Reaction score
Ada

Thanks for the good report;) Since the toilets I have in the house now are 30 years old, you are probably right..it will be the last toilet I will buy!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Drake CST744SL ADA is one of the best. 16-1/2" high bowl.

At the low end, you have the Toto Dalton CST734F, 16-1/8" comfort height. Works well for the money.

Eljer Titan 16-1/8" high, (will blow wax seals sometimes)

Kohler Cimarron, plugs more than Dalton, no wash at back of bowl 16-1/8" high

American Standard Champion, 16-1/2" bowl, parts may fail.

Gerber Ultraflush pressure assist, 21-318, 17-0" high bowl, a little more startle factor.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is the best and shortest summary I have ever seen of the toilet situation. Any future questions about toilets, we can just refer to that post!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I love my Drake. Still have both my knees, but they love the ADA height, as well as the ADA grab bar I put in when we remodeled.

BTW, Lowe's is advertising a new "comfort width" toilet. I forget the brand, but it's 2" wider than standard. I expect this product to inspire lots of jokes; can't wait until Jay Leno hears of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks