71 year old boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

MisterRogers43

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a 1953-ish oil-fired Yellow Flame Model 50 boiler installed in my house. It's rarely been serviced, and it shows. I drained the expansion tank because the PRV was filling up a Home Depot-sized bucket with water in the span of 2 days! And I also adjusted the draft control because it rotated both ways. Anyways, the issue is that the boiler is still leaking from the PRV, perhaps a bit less water, but it still is. I heard that flushing the boiler can help with that, but there's a problem: the old Weil-McLain Pressure/Altitude/Temperature gauge does NOT work, so therefore I can't expect to properly refill the boiler to a safe pressure since I can't tell what the pressure is at. So, my question is - Is there anything left that I can do? Or is it time to call a professional?
Boiler Pics

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks