Prv releases after 3 or 4 days

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fitter, limit is set to 170 when we shut it down it was almost 240 .
I shut the gas valve off but let the pumps run in order to have it cool down.
John, That's the problem it's not shutting off the gas for some reason.
Yes you're had valve is probably bad.

Dwellonroof

Reaction score
I found a new old stock gas valve and installed it yesterday evening so far so good and the flame looks a lot better than the old one, but I'll keep the camera on it for now just in case.

Dwellonroof

Reaction score
Well.... After replacing the gas valve it ran like a clock for 6 days and at noon on the 7th I looked at the camera and it was slightly above the set point of 170 so I watched it hoping it would shut off bot when it reached 220 and still running I shut it down.
Now after researching the Honeywell S90B Intermittent pilot which is no longer available nor any tech info I found a troubleshooting guide from another like unit that states "Check for proper thermostat (controller) operation. Remove MV lead at module; if valve closes, recheck temperature controller and wiring; if not, replace gas control." I will update as I dig in deeper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks