2nd Floor Bathroom Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

RobblePlumbing

Reaction score
MOVED THIS QUESTION TO A MORE APPROPRIATE FORUM:
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/bath-dwv-for-2nd-floor-bath.92085/

I've been doing some research online and there seems to be a few ways to solve my problem, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on how to tackle this.

I uploaded a rough drawing of how a second floor bathroom was originally plumbed. What I am trying to do is put a bathtub where the sink was and the sink over where the shower was, but the draining needs some modifications.

The first floor bathroom (located directly below) is configured the same way I would like to layout this second floor bathroom. The first floor sink was wet vented into the vent pipe, but I don't know if this is OK to do for the second floor (or if I feel comfortable strapping and supporting the galvanized vent pipe to cut into it).

I'm also trying to figure out how to tie the new bathtub without having to open up the wall in the first floor if possible.

I have a few options or a combination of these options could work or if someone has another suggestion I would be open to that too.

Option 1: Open up the first floor wall and tie the bathtub into the 3inch drain pipe. Wet vent the 2nd floor sink. Or run a new 2" or 1.5" drain to the basement just for the sink and tie into the 3" waste pipe horizontally.

Option 2: Run the bathtub over to the sink drain and run a new 2" drain pipe to the basement. Tie the new 2" drain pipe into the existing 3" drain pipe horizontally in the basement.

Thank you in advance for your input! I can also upload pictures of the existing plumbing if that would help clarify anything.

Attachments

• OldBathroom.jpg
    OldBathroom.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks