Search results

1. Bert Lee

Drywall to Tub Shower Surround

What are your opinions or methods to finish this wall to tub area? It's a two part issue. First, it's not a straight line from the shower wall to the floor, the tub extends out, and that contour complicates the finishing in that area. Second, while the shower wall to tub flange keeps the...
  2. Bert Lee

Removing Spray On Insulation from Pipes

I want to replace an outdoor which would normally be a very straightforward homeowner job for me but when I looked at what's there and what I'd need I was reminded that the entire sill had been nicely spray foam insulated and the current valve, connection and part of the feed pipe and well...
  3. Bert Lee

Ground Water Expert

I have an issue that is beginning to bore into my sanity like the Telltale Heart and I am at a loss on A) how to address it and B) what sort of plumbing professional do I contact for such a thing? Here's the back story. One year ago last week we closed on this new home. Immediately started in...
  4. Bert Lee

Main Sewer Drain Caps & Backwater Valve Install

Quick question please These caps on my main sewage drain are white plastic and I found that they are not all that secure. One was oozing so I tapped it lightly with a mallet and it just rocked a bit on the pipe. All others reacted the same. Should these be better set with some sort of adhesive...
  5. Bert Lee

One sump pump into two drain lines?

Kicking the tires here. I believe I have discovered the reason for a sump pump check valve back flow issue that i have. I have two separate independent drain lines, one primary and one backup that run from my house to the end of my property, probably over 100' in total. And they are both only...
  6. Bert Lee

Sump Pump Install Questions

I have a double sump system in my basement main (brand new installed 2017 Zoeller M63) and backup (2013 Zoeller M98). Looks like 18" x 30" basic plastic sumps. For 9 months from last Dec to this Sept neither pump ever came on. Now the main runs constantly. a couple minutes on to empty, off 15-20...
  7. Bert Lee

Quiet Check Valve Backflow

I wanted to love these and almost do but I seem to have an issue that I am not 100% sure is right. I have double sumps in my basement, main and backup. Main has a Zoeller M63 (brand new) and the back up is a 2013 Zoeller M98. Both with fresh installs and factory recommended weep holes in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks