Search results

1. MOB19

Outdoor Kitchen Sink Drain

Yes, the notes are correct. I have not yet installed the garage sink, but that is the line I want to use to also drain the outdoor kitchen sink. Looking at the schematic from Terry, it sounds like I have the right idea. The one difference is that I will not tie back into the existing vent...
  2. MOB19

Outdoor Kitchen Sink Drain

I have a deck over my garage, and I'd like to add an outdoor kitchen to the deck. The washing machine and garage sink (not yet installed) are in the garage. (See attached picture (yes, I know, the hot and cold on the sink and washing machine are reversed).) If I use a self venting air valve...
  3. MOB19

Old Type M Copper - Time to Repipe?

The copper will be replaced with week. In a case of "since I'm there," I am replacing a leaking shower faucet at the same time since I have to open the drywall up behind the shower. (I and two plumbers have looked at the faucet cannot tell which brand it is. They think it's a cheap...
  4. MOB19

Can't remove shower faucet handle

Thanks for the idea of using car trim tools. I have some and tried to get is off using them -- still no luck, but at least I'm not wrecking the finish as much as I was with a screw driver or putty knife. I'm prying as much as I can, but it isn't coming off. I would like to avoid breaking it...
  5. MOB19

It certainly is the old red copper, with red writing showing it was manufactured in Mexico. Unfortunately it doesn't have a date of manufacture. The pin hole occurred at a branch off of the 3/4" supply. It was in a 1/2" line, downstream of a 1/2" tee reducer and a couple of elbows. I think...
  6. MOB19

I'm in process of replacing the carpet on the second floor of my house with hardwood. After pulling all of the carpet up, I can see where previous owner replaced the original galvanized pipe with type M copper. I don't know how old the copper is from the repipe, but it isn't new. I've only...
  7. MOB19

Can't remove shower faucet handle

I have a leaking shower valve that needs to be fixed, but I cannot figure out how to remove the handle. The handle has a plastic cap that I tried remove with hand pressure and a putty knife. I tried to prying up, pulling out, and sliding up, but it is not coming off, and I'm starting to damage...
  8. MOB19

Escutcheon screw stuck

I have a leaky shower valve. I’ve fixed a few leaky faucets before, so I thought this would be no different, but I cannot even get the escutcheon off to figure out what kind of valve I have. Both screws on the escutcheon have issues. I was able to back one screw out enough to spray PB Blaster...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks