Search results

1. OneStaple

Kitchen faucet with gentle spray?

Hey all, We're doing a kitchen remodel at the moment, and I'm looking for a replacement for our current kitchen faucet. We have had the Moen Camerist (7545W) for years and love it, especially for the gentle spray (and pause) feature, which we like for rinsing dishes. Newer version of the...
  2. OneStaple

Tub drain/overflow choice

Hey all, This seems like a novice question. Some searching didn't reveal an answer, so I thought I'd ask... I'm installing a Kohler Villager and am looking for a good drain/overflow to put on it. Is there any issue going with a brand other than Kohler? I think I'd seen somewhere that the...
  3. OneStaple

Reglue old PVC joint?

Ok, I snapped a few pictures. First is of a nearby joint. Second is the elbow I already replaced. You can see gaps where there appears to be no glue/cement in the joint. Third is the joint I reglued/recemented tonight. When I reglued the joint tonight, I used a liberal amount of primer and...
  4. OneStaple

Reglue old PVC joint?

Well, they smeared something on the pipes that resemble glue, I think. As I said, no obvious primer though. Given that two joints next to each other were bad, it makes me nervous about all the other joints throughout the house. I'll climb back up in the attic (gah, I hate that cramped attic)...
  5. OneStaple

Reglue old PVC joint?

Hey All, While doing other work in the attic, I noticed a PVC vent line had a little water coming out of an elbow joint during my wife's shower. Since it was relatively accessible, I cut the corner off and installed a new one. While installing the new corner, it seemed like one of the PVC...
  6. OneStaple

Shut off valve in attic?

Thanks all. I suspected what you said would be the answer. I first saw those lines in the attic during my renovation on a nearby bathroom, and they've made me nervous ever since. On the plus side (and I'm in no way trying to justify their location), they've managed to last about 36 years since...
  7. OneStaple

Shut off valve in attic?

I'm starting a bathroom remodel. The plumbing for the bathroom runs through the adjacent attic for a couple feet (see picture). I'm thinking of putting a couple ball shutoff valves there both to make renovations easier and in case I need to isolate that bathroom for future work/repairs. The...
  8. OneStaple

Cracked elbow below closet flange

Yes, current rough in from finished wall is 15.5". Seems like a good opportunity to change that to 12". Tyler
  9. OneStaple

Seems good. I was thinking of using a repair coupling (just placed or lightly taped, not glued, so it can be removed later) to achieve the same concept. Tyler
  10. OneStaple

While I find the various approaches being discussed interesting, I think I'm going to go ahead and bust the concrete and replace the cracked piece. This seems to be the "right" answer, and I realized last night that it allows me to solve a second problem. And my brother graciously let me borrow...
  11. OneStaple

Yes, I will fill the hole with concrete after repairing the PVC so there's something for the flange to connect to. I don't think the Pushtite would fit where the paper towels are, as that's the elbow, so it's turning immediately. I need to replace the 3" riser that I took out to get the...
  12. OneStaple

Not sure there's enough room there to replace the elbow without busting concrete. Certainly worth a shot though. But yes, I plan on mixing concrete anyway to fill the hole. Previous flange was floating over the hole with no connection to the floor, which led to a rocking toilet. Reach4, you...
  13. OneStaple

The PVC you can see in the picture is the elbow for a 3" diameter PVC pipe. The top of it is about 2.5" below the surface of the 4" slab. About 3/4" to 1" of tile will be added on top of the slab. Tyler
  14. OneStaple

Hey all, Working on a bathroom remodel and ran into a plumbing question/problem (John Bridge guys told me to ask here). I was removing the existing closet flange to replace it, and while chipping the PVC stub out of the elbow below where the flange was, as I've done before, the hub on the...
  15. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

*sigh* Anyone? Thanks, Tyler
  16. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

Any thoughts/comments on the wet vent layout? Thanks, Tyler
  17. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

Ok, what about this alternative layout that someone else suggested? The shower uses a horizontal wet vent through the double lavatories. In reading the Virginia IPC, I didn't see anything saying this couldn't work. Is this allowed and is it a good idea? Thanks, Tyler
  18. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

Another quick question. Is a regular cleanout or a double cleanout preferred for this? Thanks, Tyler
  19. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

Hammerlane and Terry, you're both right. I had been incorrectly thinking about notches when I made that comment about the middle third. Regardless, the holes in the joists shouldn't be a problem. Thanks, Tyler
  20. OneStaple

Check my bathroom layout

Thanks, hj. So with the back to back fixture fitting, a clean-out below it, and making all vents 1-1/2", does it look like I'm otherwise good to go? Thanks, Tyler
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks