Recent content by canadave

1. canadave

Weird kitchen sink blockage--snake not fixing it

Thanks....problem is, other than the parts of the drain pipe in the under-sink area, it's pretty difficult to access any parts of the drain pipe system until near the very end where it goes down to the sewer. we have a drop ceiling that makes it pretty difficult to access the pipe.
  2. canadave

Yep--the lower part of the bungalow is under the kitchen. And I would bet that that change to horizontal is just about at 10 feet, which is just about where the clog is.
  3. canadave

We were wondering if that might be the case. If so, how can I avoid doing that?
  4. canadave

Just an amateur homeowner here....I'm stumped trying to clear a kitchen sink blockage, hoping you all might be able to offer a suggestion. Recently we noticed the kitchen sink in our residence (a bungalow) was starting to drain more slowly than usual. Oh well, no big deal, we'll get to it and...
  5. canadave

Kitchen sink leak--help a beginner fix it?

Hmmm....this is intriguing. I'm not sure how it would work, though--is there any photo you can provide of such a strap arrangement? I had a look on Home Depot's site and wasn't able to find anything. Also, I'm not sure how such a strap would be supportive if it's screwed to the rear of the...
  6. canadave

I just had a look...everything does appear to be glued. Is that not how it's supposed to be? https://imgur.com/a/Bfz6lsU
  7. canadave

Thanks...I've already tried replacing the nut/washer unfortunately. Funny you mention the stack of wood...I've already got that as a temporary fix, except with a dishwashing tabs container :) The wife is not happy with it and wants a more permanent solution. This is what everything looks like...
  8. canadave

So, an update.... Since I replaced the slip joint under the kitchen sink in November, got it really tight, and everything worked fine...until yesterday, when we found a puddle under the sink. The slip joint failed again (apparently from the weight of water when my wife emptied the full sink)...
  9. canadave

Sorry for the delay in reporting back. So, I got a new slip joint nut and washer, and cleaned the pipe connections and threads to make sure there's no grease. I was able to get the new slip joint to connect tightly, but only after really, really reefing on the nut to get it extra tight. When I...
  10. canadave

Hmmm...good point. I'll have a look.
  11. canadave

That's what's so weird to me....there's no garbage disposal, and the parts (the pipes, nut, and washer) all look perfectly fine and intact. Yet the P-trap pipe doesn't tighten onto the tailpipe when I tighten the slip joint nut. So I guess the solution is to replace the nut and washer...
  12. canadave

So my wife and I discovered our kitchen sink was spilling water out underneath all over the place. I had a look and discovered the issue. Essentially, the plastic nut that I gather is a "slip joint", which is attached to the piece of plastic pipe coming up from the P-trap, was no longer tightly...
  13. canadave

Would love a professional opinion on whether to buy this Caroma

I've bought a BB-2000 bidet seat that I'm looking to pair with a new toilet (current one is way too small). I'm looking at buying this Caroma Smart 270 one-piece toilet (http://www.caromausa.com/products/index/cu_products/109.php) since it looks like it might fit the BB-2000 perfectly. I've...
  14. canadave

Santa Rosa toilet distance from wall?

Thanks very much--that's definitely a candidate! I'm wondering about this one--Briggs Plumbing AltimaMax. The photo in the first review looks almost exactly like my own bathroom! (except the shelf in my bathroom is a little higher than the one in the photo)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks