Rplacement shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

humid1

Reaction score
I replaced a leaking drain in my Aqua Glass shower this weekend with an Oatey caulkless floor drain. Three questions after completing the install... First, I have a small amount of water around the drain after turning off the water. Are these replacement drains a bit taller than the original (I'm assuming it came with the tub). Second, the guy at the plumbing supply house said to use plumbers putty between the drain and show. Both the rubber gasket and the "friction" gasket go on the underside of the shower. Finally, the drain is loud. Is this just a difference in design? I know, the last one is picky, but even my kid noticed. So far it's leak free. Just wanted to check . Thanks in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Whether it fits tight to the floor or not depends on both its and the shower floor construction. This is one place where a silicone cauld might have been better, but if done correctly putty should be almost as good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks