Sink Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

jamlc

Reaction score
I have a cultured granite counter top in a small bath with an undermounted sink that is octagon shape. I want to replace the sink only, thinking I can
put a self rimmed sink in. I have been told that the cultured counter
will crack when the sink is removed. Someone else told me it could be done.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks for any help,

DB

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't but someone will come along and suggest a way to do it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

Remove the support clips on the bottom of the countertop, then insert a thin putty knife between the top and the sink to break the seal. Work around the sink opening and eventually it will fall out.

Rerod

Reaction score
Another sink removal.

I know this is a older thread, but I thought Id ask here as not to start a new one.

My cast iron sink was installed with what looks like latex caulk. No brackets or clips. The caulk is probably 40 years old and so hard I can barely push a super sharp awl into it. Can anyone recommend a solvent which will penetrate and soften the latex caulk enough to remove and save the sink?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks