tankless coil inline with hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pete C

Reaction score
I have a hybrid WH that I installed and have been very happy with. My old Smiths boiler was rusted badly. The victim of my hard/acidic well water which I did not treat untill about 7-8 years ago. I found an identical boiler on CL which is in very good shape. It was owned by a recently retired HVAC contractor because a buddy of his in the business gave him a great deal on a new boiler.

My "new" boiler has a tankless coil which was working fine for the previous owner. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use the tankless coil in the winter when the boiler is on. My basement gets quite cold in winter and I suspect that hybrid is often working in resistance heat mode. Plus, it makes the basement even colder. I love the hybrid in summer as it dehumidifies and cools the basement.
I was thinking of maybe just running the HWH feed through the tankless coil. The HWH would pretty much never need to heat water but would eliminate the temp fluctuations that come with a tankless coil.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks