Moen 1222 Cartridge won't maintain temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

MBMatt

Reaction score
I have a five year old house and have had to replace the Moen 1222 cartridge every year. It won't maintain/respond to the handle adjustments. Example, usually the handle in 3 o'clock position provides proper temperature control. Today at 11 o'clock position it was lukewarm. I pushed it to the 9-10 o'clock position and now it's scalding hot. Moved it to 3 o'clock position and still scalding hot. Turned it almost off and still scalding hot when it should be ice cold. (Note: I waited a few seconds after handle adjustments to give some time for temp adjustments but to no avail.) After I replace the cartridge I'm good for about a year and then it starts all over again. No other faucets have this problem and I live in an area with soft water. Fortunately, Moen replaces the cartridge for free and I've asked them to examine/test my old cartridges but they're not interested. Just send me a new one. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks