How to measure LSI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zenon2cubed

Reaction score
I want to calculate LSI using the Lenntech LSI Calculator

For conductivity, I already have a TDS meter that displays PPM, what measures [Ca2+] and [HCO3-]?

I'm thinking of getting the Well eXact EZ Photometer, does anyone have experience with this unit?

It can detect:
Total Alkalinity: 10 - 200 ppm
Total Hardness: 60 - 600 ppm
Total Iron: 0.03 - 8.0 ppm
Nitrate: 0.25 - 32 ppm
pH: 6.4 - 8.4

Reach4

Reaction score
The hardness number is normalized to grains of calcium. So you could probably enter zero for Mg, and put 17.1*hardness (grains) into the calcium box.

Last edited:

DesertEaglePt50

Reaction score
I got the hardness test and alkalinity test from Hach. They are both quick and straightforward. You just need to make sure you mix thoroughly when you start to see the color change, because when you get close to the right number of drops you will see the color change at first but it will reverse with mixing. This is a more of a pitfall with the alkalinity test.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks