GE Water Softener Err1

Users who are viewing this thread

JayL999

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a GE Water Softener model GXSH40V-01, and a problem started when we noticed it kept running as if in regeneration and the tank filled up with water. After googling around, I thought maybe it was the rotor switch. Got one on Amazon, installed it, plugged in, and the motor started, but that didn't seem to fix it. Looking at the gear under the motor, noticed it wasn't turning. Looked at the gears, and they look to be a bit eaten. The rotor doesn't turn. Opened up the assembly, and everything looks fine as far as I can tell. When the lid is loosed, the rotor turns, but tightening the lid, it again won't turn. Does it just need to be lubed or something?
Thanks for any help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks