Delta shower stop shut off screws frozen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjmealy

Reaction score
I cannot turn off shower valve shut off screws on either side of removed cartridge. Waiting to replace the valve altogether. No water in house.
Should I heat them? Blue plastic valve was stuck in pipe and copper was damaged along with ring getting it out. While I regroup this weekend I would like water in rest of house.
I'm looking at 3 days without water. Could o put a sharkbite on end of copper pipe for a few days. Thanks for any ideas.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The way those shut the water to the valve off is with o rings, so heating it wont be very good for them.

Where is it leaking from? The valve body? Ifmso you could go buy another valve which will come with a plug for the body. The head? You could put a cap on the shower arm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks