Delete

Users who are viewing this thread

upstatewater

Reaction score
We had a water softener put in May 2023. Since then my finance's blonde hair has turned green and the original company to install the softener never returned my call about the issue so we had a water company out to do some testing. They informed us the valves were connected backwards. Water coming in to the house hooked up to the outflow valve, and the inflow valve was connected to the pipes carrying water throughout the house. They have no clue if this could cause the green hair, but they did say we should have it looked at to make sure no damage was done since it had been like this for 10 months.

I know close to nothing about plumbing and don't know whether to be concerned or not. The pipes have been switched and are now on the correct valves but the water didn't test soft after the switch. Plumber set it to regenerate and hope for the best, but where do I go from here? What do I need to have checked?

I haven't found beads in the wate, but toilet valves have failed twice in the last few months. Unsure if it's related. Any ideas?

Softener is Nelsen signature series.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks