Contaminated Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Mkrug001

Reaction score
The discharge line for my clothes washer and the discharge line for my water softener is tied into the same line. The line became clogged and laundry water wound up in my brine tank and ultimately in my water-softener system. These chemicals are caustic and can lead to a number of health complications. Do you recommend that I replace the water softener after an event like this or is it possible to sufficiently clean the water softener to make it safe again? Professionals, please advise. Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Due to liability reasons I have to recommend replacing it of course...

FYI, we highly recommend sanitizing the softener at least annually. Simply add a couple of sani-packs or a small amount of bleach in the brine tank and regenerate it a couple of times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks