Search results

1. WestMIchigan

CoolCalc vs loadcalc

I ran both programs and came up with wildly different answers. I am finishing my basement and adding heat to a bathroom that the current HVAC doesn't handle well. Both more or less agree on the cooling load but are off by a factor of 2.5 on the heating load. I have a master bathroom with lots...
  2. WestMIchigan

Anyone Own a Heat Pump Water Heater

I am on the fence about buying a heat pump water heater. If anyone owns one what has been your experience? Does it cool your basement or other location too much? Do you find you run out of hot water quicker? Does it really save the money they say it will? With a COP of 4 it is hard to see...
  3. WestMIchigan

Should I switch to tankless?

I currently have a 21 year old AO Smith 50gal water heater feeding a 40gal generic electric water heater which feeds the whole house. There are 4 bathrooms/showers but generally no more than 3 are used at one time. Would switching to a Navien NPE-240A or similar actually same me propane over...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks