Search results

1. JoeJee

Branch entering from top or side?

What is your preference? Does it mater if a sewer line branch enter the main from the top or side (pitched 1/4), or are there times you would do it and not others? I try to enter from side but about to start a job that would be much easier to enter from the top. Thought I would see how everyone...
  2. JoeJee

New Pump Sizing?

Some help if anyone can. We are experiencing substantial pressure loss when we have multiple people showering and will be adding more showers this year. Currently 4.5 showers. We will eventually have 3 dwellings plus a shop on the property. Total of 9 showers and 11 bedrooms. Current well info...
  3. JoeJee

Horizontal above slab?

Pulled vanity to make room for a double sink and found this. Can I leave it this way or do I need to break out the concrete and bring it up in the wall? It is on an AAV. No idea how it is done below slab.
  4. JoeJee

When to replace a working toilet?

My house has two toilets that are stamped 1983. They seem sturdy and don’t have many issues with clogging. They are off colored a bit and could use new seats. Is there a time recommendation on toilets or is it more about when they finally break you replace? I ask because I will replace...
  5. JoeJee

Floor plan help/suggestions?

I’m about to hire an architect or draftsman but wanted to get as much of a layout done beforehand. It has been suggested that the kitchen be closer to the garage but not sure how that would fit. This is a second floor addition that is separate from the 1st floor. - WS pipe is from lower floor...
  6. JoeJee

Well accessories building designs?

I have my tank, filters, and water softener inside the house. I am wanting to move this all out for better accessibility and prevent flood inside of something breaks. I live on a hill so I can make the back side of a room next to the well almost totally underground and the sides mostly...
  7. JoeJee

Max Distance from heat source?

When designing a hot water system, specifically one with a hot water loop, what is the max distance for each type of fixture to still be considered instant hot water? Looking at the EPA water sense guide they tell me no more than 0.5gal of water from source to fixture. They then give us a...
  8. JoeJee

Conduit sleeve size for PEX pipe?

Does anyone have a chart for what PVC sleeve size to use for different sized PEX pipe? What about with insulation? I know non-insulated 3/4 PEX can go through 2” PVC easily. What about 1” and 1-1/4? Figured this would help me and others when preparing for slab penetrations.
  9. JoeJee

Demand based sizing?

I am using Fixture Units to get a size of “x” pipe. When I start looking at demand and specifically the expected GPM required when certain fixtures are running things get a bit more confusing. Can I discount the expected GPM b/c we don’t usually run hot or cold at 100% What psi drop is...
  10. JoeJee

UPC chart for PEX pipe sizing.

The UPC and IPC have a nifty chart for pipe sizing based on length, pressure, and fixture units. Best I can tell it is for copper. Does this also directly translate to PEX or is there a PEX chart that I am missing?
  11. JoeJee

Rough in DWV/Pressure Design questions

Hello, I hope someone is able to assist and give advice. I am trying to get a plumber out to quote or even sell me design specs but it is like pulling teeth. I didn't want to run the plumbing but it is looking more and more like I might have to. I am trying to move forward on my second...
  12. JoeJee

Adding Septic tank Capacity.

We are in the process of adding a second living area and adding plumbing to shop. No final design yet but likely to have 1200-1500 sqft for new living area with 2-3 bath and a bath/shower/kitchen for shop. The existing home has 2100sqft, 2.5 bath, and 3 bedrooms. Existing septic is estimated...
  13. JoeJee

Septic pipe to Shop?

Hello, We are about to run a sewer line from septic tank to our shop. Nothing fancy up there but a toilet and sink for now. Could be converted to living space in the future. I have 3” going to my tank. Not sure if it goes to 4” or stays 3”. Will probably run 3” because I have a good drop on...
  14. JoeJee

Wire size for sub at well house?

I’m considering making a well house to keep my pressure tank and possibly some chemical injection stuff if I test positive again after I install a UV light. Otherwise it will be a storage shed. What size wire do you guys recommend running to it for a sub? Was thinking a 60amp with 6/3. I have a...
  15. JoeJee

Tips on using SS vs brass...?

I have almost always used brass when possible but have found most of my plumbing supply stores don’t keep it anymore. If they do it is the cheap stuff out of China and doesn’t seat well. With that I have started to use more Stainless steel fittings and am ending up with leaks. I generally use...
  16. JoeJee

Simple Reason why DIY shouldn’t DIY.

I’m an HVAC tech so do some plumbing but not much. I got a new filtration system for my well (water softener, UV, new sediment filters...) So yesterday I started with moving over the pressure tank to make room. Got everything unhooked and hooked back up getting ready for the first pressure check...
  17. JoeJee

Pipe type/size to Water Softener?

First, Thanks to you guys and an individual on this forum that provided me with a quote and good information. I am placing an order for a Water softener, filter, and UV light. Currently I have 3/4 copper out of slab to 1” pvc. This goes to pressure tank, then sediment filter, the a 4.5” filter...
  18. JoeJee

HW tank as a Contact tank?

I do HVAC and Plumbing. My neighbor called and asked for if we had a new HW tank that was bad (b/c of COVID we haven’t been sending them back just scrapping them). I asked why and he said to replace his chemical contact tank... Is this something people actually do? I thought contact tanks had...
  19. JoeJee

PEX expansion heads >1”?

I have an iswiss PEX A manual expansion setup. It does up to 1”. I am wanting to use a 1-1/4” or 1-1/2” PEX line to my shop and at my tank. Does anyone know if the heads are all proprietary or can they work with other brands? Iswiss seems to only go up to 1”.
  20. JoeJee

Wet vent for Macerating Toilet?

I have an unused 2” vent stack (was for a sink that was removed). I am wanting to use a macerating toilet and tie into the stack. Can I run 2” over near the toilet (taking off 1.5” vents for the sink and toilet) then reduce down to the 1” pvc required for outlet of toilet? The total run would be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks