Search results

1. Lucky

hot water not soft. cold water is soft

got a kinetico installed a year ago. since then hasnt been steady soft water. they came out for the 4th or 5th time a few months ago and figured out the initial setting wasnt right. they actually tested my hard water and set it with a new disk. it has been using MUCH more salt than the past few...
  2. Lucky

Is this fair pricing for Fujitsu mini splits

Got ballpark estimate of 18 to 19K for (12K, 9K, 9K cassette and 7K wall unit Fujitsu) . I believe the one outside unit will be 24 (12 plus 9 unit) and the other will be 18 (9 plus 7 units) . contract is being written up and hopefully early next week ill see it. due to house design the...
  3. Lucky

Sediment filter before or after declorinator? new softener install

just had the new kinetico 2030 installed using their dechlorinator. street water goes to dechlorinator then to the sediment filter then the softner. the sediment filter was there from the last installation so i'm not sure if it was easier to plumb that way. or if it really didnt matter. is there...
  4. Lucky

Water line to fridge in unconditioned attic

my utility room is on a slab and the rest of the house has a 3 ft crawlspace. the main wate line comes into the utility room and then is fed out from there. i cannot get into the crawlspace. but apparently the water lines are fed either at an angle into the crawlspace or perhaps thru the wall...
  5. Lucky

Replace just resin tank? resin in plumbing

I think I got this in 08 or 05 from a local dealer. yesterday I thought my pipes froze. plumber came today and figured out that the resin got out of the tank and was blocking all my supply lines. for some reason my hot water was working but all the colds were clogged to where they were a tiny...
  6. Lucky

How thin can knee wall between shower and tub be?

a piece of glass will be resting on top of the knee wall to separate the tub and shower. so i was wondering the thinnest width the knee wall can be. no plumbing will be installed in the knee wall. just tile for the shower on one side and then backspash above the tub on the tub side. when my...
  7. Lucky

Why does wall mounted faucet not need access panel but deck does?

getting a bathroom remodel. I'm not a pro but I'm looking to learn a bit while planning the project. I'm getting a 42x36 shower stall next to a 60 x 32 tub. the tub wont be a shower. there will be a knee wall between the shower stall and tub. our contractor said pick any faucet from Kohler...
  8. Lucky

Dumawall or other glue on tiles..opinion?

https://dumawall-us.com/ thinking about putting back my 42 x 42 shower that i ripped out due to the walls disintegrating. its down to the studs now. i dont want a 200 dollar cheapo surround and i dont want to try to tile since i never did it before. ran across these tiles that you use kwik...
  9. Lucky

Can I use a standard pan with this drain position?

X marks the spot in the pic that is 2 inches from the joist . this is a 42 x 42 stall. the X is at the 21 x 21 spot. can i use a standard 42 x 42 pan. something like this? newbie trying to determine if it will be relatively easy to drop in a standard pan. i dont wanna work with mud/tile etc. i...
  10. Lucky

Shower or closet. what adds more value

renovating a bathroom that has a traditional tub/shower but also has a 42 x 42 shower stall . the stall is down to the studs now. so what makes the home worth more? rebuilding the shower stall or making it into a nice closet. theres already a 44 wide 22 deep closet in the bathroom and single...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks