Search results

1. Coolwhip

Fitting at soil pipe(with diagrams now)

Whats the best way to transition from cast iron soil pipe to pvc? 4 in to 3 in. Previously there was just a 4 in x 3 in flexible rubber coupling with 2 worm gear clamps on it, connected to a 3 inch L piece of 3 in PVC pipe(you still call this nipple? guess it could be eliminated with a street...
  2. Coolwhip

Studor Trap-Vent(in one)

I'm asking about this product specifically https://www.ipscorp.com/pdf/studor/STU021_TrapVent_web.pdf Does anyone have experience with it? When I first started looking at air admittance valves, I wanted to be sure to get ones that would never(hopefully) fail. So just wanted to know what you...
  3. Coolwhip

PE line from meter, IPS vs CTS

Running a new line from meter, will be using PE pipe/tubing, ~85ft run, will either be using either 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"...should I use pipe or tubing? Being able to used barbed fittings and worm gear clamps is attractive, but from what I've read CTS is the more conventional choice in this...
  4. Coolwhip

Would a TS valve function properly as a diverter valve set up like....

With a T fitting on the cold inlet, and the hot inlet capped off. or The same supply line running to both inlet ports. And setting the "mix temp" on the TS valve to what you want the diverter temp to be? A simple TS valve is MUCH cheaper than a diverter valve for some reason...why wouldn't...
  5. Coolwhip

Water heater efficiency, temp high vs low

In general, per BTU, do NG condensing tankless water heaters operate more efficiently at higher or lower temperatures? Would it be better to run it less often at a higher temp or more often at a lower temp? Basically wondering for radiant floor heating, in an open system, would it be better to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks