Search results

1. Jason Ryan

Possible to use fleck 5600 sxt-backwash for an iron filter

Hi all, Recently in a rush, I bought a fleck 5600 sxt backwash model when I was looking for a softener head. I have since got a softener head, but I have a decision to make about the backwash model that I was hoping to get some advice. I can return it with a 20% restocking fee. Or I was...
  2. Jason Ryan

Help with Autotrol 255 valve issue

Hi all, My mother-in-law's water softener is acting up. It has an older Autotrol 255 valve. Occasionally it appears that the dial that shows the cycle (start, back wash, rinse, et) it is getting stuck between "treated water" and "start". So it seems like a valve is like half way open and the...
  3. Jason Ryan

Help with reducing hot water wait time

Hi all, My kitchen faucet takes 2 mins (3 gallons) to warm up. I have a whole house tankless water heater (7.5gpm), and I'm on a slab with a 2 story home so can't easily run wire for an on-demand nor a water return line for re-circulation system. Also with my garbage disposal and an RO...
  4. Jason Ryan

Lowest salt dosage vs cost savings

Hi all, I've been crunching numbers trying to decide on a 48k or 64k system. My household is pulling ~10k gallons a month and our hardness is 23 according to our water company with very low iron and magnesium. I can pick up a great deal on a 48k system right now so that is definitely part of...