Search results

1. evolution2147

Electrical panel ground bonded to water pipe

I am not too worried about the ground rods, I am assuming the house was built to code for the 1980's. The other houses I have visited on my block seem to be the same, a garage water heater with the grounding wires attaching to the inlet side of the water heater. The wall was a mess so I cleaned...
  2. evolution2147

Electrical panel ground bonded to water pipe

Hello, I am in process of getting my house ready to sell and I had a question pertaining to how the ground wiring from my electric panel is bonded to the copper water piping. The ground wires used to come through the drywall and clamp to the cold line on the water heater. When I put a tankless...
  3. evolution2147

In search of a good toilet

I spent most of my childhood plunging toilets and getting yelled at because of it, I never questioned it much until I purchased my first house and replaced the house original toilet when the wax seal started leaking for plunging it. I picked the Kohler Wellworth just randomly at the store and...
  4. evolution2147

90 degree vent elbow on standpipe trap arm

Hello everyone, Opened up my wall and I am finally getting around to adding my utility sink to the laundry area. Since I have to remove the san tee fitting in the picture I figured I mind as well flip the stand pipe to the other side since the washer is on the left anyways. My question comes...
  5. evolution2147

Previous owner mod to bathroom sink drainage

Thank you for the complement! One last question regarding a laundry sink and washer standpipe. This is an old picture but if I were to do this sometime in the future would this also be considered wet venting and not acceptable? A double fixture tee, one going the stand pipe and one going to a...
  6. evolution2147

Thanks for the coupling suggestion, I didn't realize those were legal. It definitely made it pretty easy to do this. Hopefully the way I did it was how you suggested. What I don't understand is why this is allowed in this case but not in the second picture that requires an additional vent pipe?
  7. evolution2147

Thanks for the help! Do the ABS vents have some play in them while it is in place? Or am I going to have to get on the roof and release the pipe somehow so I can slide the new parts on?
  8. evolution2147

Can anyone help with this? I would to put the drywall up tomorrow if possible. Thanks
  9. evolution2147

Looking at the piping it actually does look original so maybe this isn't as big of a deal as I thought. It looks like the original floor plan had 2 sinks in the master bathroom and the PO removed one. But please let me know if this is anything to worry about. Thanks
  10. evolution2147

Hi everyone, I am doing a remodel to my hallway bathroom. I was not planning of modifying the plumbing since my new sink will go in the same location. But I want to get opinions on this current setup because it looks off to me. The master bathroom is directly behind the wall in the picture. It...
  11. evolution2147

Trying to add laundry sink to washer drain

Hello everyone, I am trying to add a laundry sink to my garage where my washer is currently located. Originally I had the standard DIY idea of just tying the drain into the laundry standpipe but I have learned that is not acceptable. This is a picture of when I put a softener in about a year...
  12. evolution2147

Copper through slab question

Ok thank you I didnt realize you arent allowed to have any connections under the slab. Makes sense. Maybe the first question was dumb but I grew up in the midwest and our meter and main shut off were both inside the house.
  13. evolution2147

Copper through slab question

Hi everyone, I am putting a water softener in because the water is pretty hard out here. I was planning on putting the softener on the main cold line coming in the house but im not sure that is possible in my house. It is on a concrete slab. For some reason out here all the main water lines come...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks