Search results

1. seann

Inner core vs no core?

Hello, I have been using 3/4" hollow core for years on sewers with no issue. I have always used a plastic inner core in my 3/8 cables for kitchen sinks and such. However, I am considering switching to no core on 3/8 cables and wondering if it is a bad idea or not? Have any if you...
  2. seann

Is this plumbed incorrectly?

Stupid question probably but is this plumbed incorrectly? I was told it is breaking the vent to the toilet and the shower, but it seems like it should functionally be fine. What am I missing? Double 45 to toilet, and double 45 to shower drain in the photos. The 2" wye is tied to a 2"vent on...
  3. seann

Sewer camera recommendations?

Hello, I'm looking to buy a sewer camera my drain cleaning business. I have worked at other companies in the past that have used the rigid camera set ups with a 200ft reel, monitor, and navitrack scout locater, but that set up costs about $10,000 and I can't afford that. What are some good...
  4. seann

Detecting a water service leak under ground?

My neighbor just told me that her sump pump has been kicking on and off every few minutes since December. The pump is working and extracting water correctly, but it keep running in through the drain tile at a good rate she says. She lives in a duplex and she says the neighbors on both sides of...
  5. seann

How to keep spray cleaner from freezing?

I clean a lot of drains. So I keep spray cleaner in my van to use for cleaning up area afterwards. Problem is it's winter time and my spray cleaners will freeze solid in my van and are unusable. Besides bringing them into my house every night. Are any particular cleaners that will not...
  6. seann

Poly PEX fitting?

Is have been running PEX piping for years using brass fittings and occasionally copper PEX fittings if that's all that is available at in a certain fitting. I use PEX B and sometimes PEX A for certain situations. Haven't had any problems with it but the price is very high. And I'm looking to...
  7. seann

Viega PEX sleeve press tool help..

I got a Viega PEX sleeve press tool. 3/4" size, it is used and is getting easier to close when pressing a sleeve than it use to. I'm worried it may not be closing tight enough to properly press the sleeve anymore because of this. It's harder to close my 1/2" press tool than my 3/4" press...
  8. seann

Sewer machine winch mount?

I have a 2001 Ford E-250 cargo van that I use for my Plumbing van. I'm getting older and can't lift my sewer machine into my van the way I use to when I was younger without wearing on my back. I'm wanting to pick up an electrical winch and would prefer to mount it to the ceiling of my van...
  9. seann

Looking for waiver if liability

Just went out on my own doing a sewer, drain cleaning, and service plumbing repair business. I have been using generic invoives from office depot, but i need to make proper invoices that have and have a waiver of liability for things such as problems arising from faulty plumbing, rotten drain...
  10. seann

Bluefin PEX cinch rings?

Wondering if anyone has tried the Bluefin PEX stainless steel cinch rings from supplyhouse.com ? You can get a bag of 100 for $20 in 1/2" size. Hell of a deal if they are any good. It's pretty risky taking a gamble on water line fittings though. My guess would be that they are thinner and...
  11. seann

Anyone using reinforced bowl wax rings?

Hi guys. I'm a plumber who has recently went out on my own doing service. I'm ordering inventory and contemplating on switching over to reinforced bowl wax rings. I've been a service guy most of my career and have easily set a few hundred toilets or more over the last 20 years and have almost...
  12. seann

Help getting jobs?

Hi, I'm looking for advice from some of your fellow drain cleaning professionals. I just started a new drain cleaning business in Nebraska. I put an ad up on Craigslist, Facebook, and Instagram. And I try handing out some cards when I can. I've been in business for 3 weeks and have gotten...
  13. seann

Faucet washers, Can you help me find assortment kit?

I'm am starting a new plumbing business (primarily service calls). Ive been gathering supplies, but the one things I cannot find is a faucet seat washer and seats assortment kit. I've been all over the internet and cannot find anything other than DIY small kits like home Depot it amazon has...
  14. seann

Help me pick right size plumbing van....

Hello, I'm in the market for my first plumbing van. I will be doing a sewer, drain, and service plumbing business. I will be carrying a mainline sewer machine, small drain cable machine, and then just various plumbing tools and stock. I will be buying a used van and my budget is $4,000. I...
  15. seann

Code question about lavatory sink

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with a UPC code requirement. How close can I have the side of a wall hung lavatory sink or the side of a vanity cabnit to the side of a tub shower unit? I know for a toilet it's 15" from center, but not sure about lavatory. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks