Search results

1. Monimom

New pressure tank , new issue... can anyone help me understand

When it clicked on at 39 I am going to assume the pump was running I have no way of being positive as it’s down in the well outside, but the pressure in the tank goes up which I assume means it’s filling with water
  2. Monimom

The air pressure / water pressure is same I don’t have the ability to know when this issue happens it’s only happened 4x that I’m aware of , The fact that I saw the gauge drop to zero was complete fluke it’s never done that since then… It’s very intermittent otherwise I would record it and...
  3. Monimom

I put a pressure guage on it and the reading was... pump on at 39 pump off at 60.... whats your thoughts ??
  4. Monimom

Yeah there’s no banging, and I don’t have any air , As a matter fact when my previous tank valve would click on it would make a clicking sound while the pump filled the tank this one does not do any of that,The brief interruption has only occurred four times that I can be certain of , And it is...
  5. Monimom

Sorry for the delay in my reply series of unrelated events have kept me from getting back to this, I’ve spent a little bit of time watching the gauge , It appears it’s set at 40/ 60.. Comes on it looks like at about 38, but something interesting I’ve discovered is on one occasion When the pump...
  6. Monimom

So you are in disagreement with the precharge pressure causing this as suggested by LLigetfa ?
  7. Monimom

Plumber said the diaphragm likely had a small tear, and that the tank was waterlogged .. it was on its way out so this was preemptive before other problems , I am hoping the precharge is the issue, as I have not had any other issues in the past. thanks for replying : )
  8. Monimom

Hi , I had a 27 yo pressure tank replaced as the previous one had a water trickle sound at the end of pumping, so I figured I better get it changed out... had a plumber do just that, changed tank, fittings valves etc.. 3 times I have noticed now on different occasions while running bath water...
  9. Monimom

Need clearer minds to help figure this out ..

Hi, I am not familiar with all of the dynamics of vent pipes, but heres the scenario, please help me to understand what the culprit is.... We have an area on our bathroom wall( side of toilet ) that previously had a toilet paper holder attached, it had shown water type damage so we removed the...
  10. Monimom

looking for advice on these test results

Ok Thank you … hopefully this helps,
  11. Monimom

looking for advice on these test results

Happy New Year, I have had an issue with my well since we had an addition built that was in fairly close proximity to the well..(25ft), the ground apparently had been disturbed enough to cause some issues with our manganese increasing and small amounts of sediment, I an not sure exactly what...
  12. Monimom

Well questions. Help me understand what is happening

Bumping this "old"post to ask another question …. its been 2 yrs now, and we have seen improvement in the pressure but the sediment / rust color on the filter is just as bad if not worse. I use a 5 micron 4" cartridge and within 1 week its covered in rust sludge … I have had ALOT going on in...
  13. Monimom

Braided DW line leak. have you ever seen this??

oh and as far as pipes, they are copper
  14. Monimom

Only DIY was to clean under and replace toe kick, it had been off for a year, we had new flooring installed.
  15. Monimom

That's the thing it is grounded the copper wire was securely attached to the green ground screw when I disconnected the power supply all the wiring was nice and tight with no possibility of contact this has been installed and operational for quite some time that's what's got me perplexed this is...
  16. Monimom

Good Morning, I am perplexed , hopefully someone here can help, bear with the length of this it might get wordy.. Our dishwasher braided line began leaking under the sink I assumed something had likely punctured it so I began to remove it, made mental notes of 2 things that are now possible...
  17. Monimom

So far so good... after changing the filter the pressure is holding good... the filter itself is dirty but no where near as bad as before...
  18. Monimom

Good evening... I am hoping for a bit of assistance in understanding what is going on with our well.... heres the backstory; our well is 23 yrs old 140 ft down 4 gpm.(when it was drilled) , we have high manganese and iron , and have a standard drop in style sump large whole house filter 5...