Search results

1. Briggs2513

Leaking underground 2" PVC water line

I'm not sure I won't get more leaks, I wish I knew why they were happening. The leaks have all happened in areas where the trench was perfectly straight. Not sure if the pipes were not bedded properly and thats why they leaked or not.
  2. Briggs2513

Found the other two leaks yesterday, they were right upstream from the original leak right off the meter. At first it was just one but after I repaired it the next one up leaked. Again these were just spraying out around the fitting they did not come apart. After fixing those I turned the water...
  3. Briggs2513

Thats what I thought but one fitting has come apart and the other was leaking around the seal, I have yet to find the other leak.
  4. Briggs2513

I only had a 5" trench and did not have and 45 or 90 degree turnes, I just made long turns with the pipe since it was flexable. Nothing drastic. I pushed dirt back in down the trench but did not pack it by any means since it was only 5" wide. Do you think that was my issue? If so do you think I...
  5. Briggs2513

I can solvent weld the pipe the only issue will be if I have a steady enough hand in the back hoe to dig up the line without breaking anything..... Really thought I was doing the right thing.
  6. Briggs2513

I was assuming the back fill was what helped keep it together but apparently not. Looks like I was told to use the wrong product I guess. Nothing like a $400 material mistake and a weekend of trenching........
  7. Briggs2513

Another pipe link http://www.northernpipe.com/pvcProducts/index.html Grease http://www.oatey.com/products/oils-lubricants-and-hand-cleaners/lubricants/pipegasket-lube
  8. Briggs2513

http://www.nationalpipe.com/pdf_files/New%20Installation%20Guide%20for%20Pressure.pdf here is a link for the type of pipe, this talkes about larger diameter than I used but same style.
  9. Briggs2513

2" bell end pipe, it is schedule 40 PVC the female bell end has a gasket in it and the male in is beveled to accept the pipe. You must grease the connections to fit them together.
  10. Briggs2513

All, Though I have used this forum in the past this is the first time I have posted anything, all the other forums I have searched for information have been spot on but I just can’t seem to find anything specific on this issue. I recently installed 634’ of 2” schedule 40 pvc bell end pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks